Dear members..we missed the September meeting and workshop so I need to keep you updated. Please keep this info handy 'til the meeting!!! It is a long read!!!!
(1) I am the nominating chairperson for finding a 2018 board. I would have presented the slate in September but!!!! So here is what I came up with: (so far). Remember we can take names from the floor at the October meeting!!!!! President: Carole Sheftic 1st VP (Programs): Marge Thompson 2nd VP (Membership): Dottie Ptaszynski* Treasurer: Carole Tamms* Secretary: Carol Kuszik** with help from Bev as sub. * we voted last year that we could keep the Treasurer and Membership as is (if the present position persons agree) to help keep the job consistent
**As I said in a previous e-mail Carol K will gladly take on the job again as secretary this year but will relinquish it to anyone who would like to take it full time. No one answered that e-mail but the offer is still open. The committee chair people are not voted positions but if you have interest in any position please let the new president know after the election. The Newsletter/webmaster and the Ways and Means person is considered a voting position on the board. Kay Wells and Sharon Poorman have acknowledged that they will stay in their positions if needed.
(2) IRMA SPECIAL: Did you have your surface ready for September and are wondering what to do now.. We have the answer! Thanks to Irma you are going to get a BOGO!!! Because both the Sept and Oct projects are nice easy approx 2 hr workshops we are going to have both of them in October. Georgia will teach her Fall Leaf Adornment project first and then Kathy will teach her Cute Mouse project. ALL FOR $5.00. Please be sure to have your Mouse project all prepped and basecoated. If you do not have the canvas paper for Georgia's project she will have it for you and you can prep it during the meeting!!! Please try to be here by 9 if you have to prep the canvas paper before class. All information is on our website.
(3) In August we had so many members out on vacation that Sharon say's that she has a lot of Brown Bag "stuff". So she is going to have a second BROWN BAG auction. So bring some extra cash... Bet you will go home with some great stuff!!! We will also have the Birthday raffle.
(4) Did you have your Library "Stuff" all packed up to give to Virginia in September??? She needs it before October 2nd. So please give her a call and maybe you can figure out how to get it to her or one of her elves.. 352-527-1974
(5) We have a few seats left in the Mary Owens Seminar so sign up ASAP and send the checks ($35) to me Carole Sheftic 3959 W Scooter lane Dunnellon Fl 34433...made out to MHDA.
Thanks Carole Sheftic Nominating chair person Programs VP