April 13 Workshop
Kay Wells will be teaching the 2nd half of a project spanning March and April. The March workshop addressed faux marbleizing and the April workshop will cover battenburg lace and nervous roses on the box.
April Workshop Prep & Needed Supplies
- Surface of your choice. Any type of box whether wood or papier mache will work. If you select a papier mache surface, I suggest sealing it inside and out ahead of class.
- Box colors – 2 colors of your choice. A lighter color for the base of the box and a much darker value for the floats.
- Lace color – suggest a light color such as Buttermilk or Dove Grey. You may want to use the same color used to base coat the marble top.
- Base coat the box in the lighter of the 2 colors you have selected.
- Transfer the lace pattern.
Sandra Mihalus 4/26
Sandra Roberts 4/2
Click on the picture to go to Debbie Cole's YouTube Back to Basics video series. She has uploaded lots of great information for us painters!
If you know of someone in need of a little cheer, email Chris Soyk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Manatee Haven Decorative Artists meet the second Saturday each month.
All skill levels are welcome.
Dues are $12 a year and you must be a member of the Society of Decorative Painters to join. Paperwork is provided for you to join SDP if you are not a member.
Dottie Ptaszynski is our membership chair. You can contact Dottie with any questions you may have.